Chef Costas Spiliadis
Kitchen Mediterranean-Greek (Seafood)
Atmosphere Contemporary, Greek, Exclusive
Milos is considered one of the best Mediterranean seafood restaurants in the world. The branch in New York is ranked in the 23rd place out of a 100 recommended restaurants in the prestigious Zagat Guide. The first restaurant was established in 1979 by the acclaimed chef and restaurateur Costas Spiliadis.
Milos has a longstanding reputation for serving the freshest, most pristine daily imported Mediterranean seafood and for the carefully selected ingredients of the highest quality.
Since it was established in Montreal, Milos has become a destination for Greek food-lovers, touted as pioneering North America’s Hellenic food scene. It has branched out to New York (1997), Athens (2004), Las Vegas (2010), Miami (2012) and London (2015). This year yet another restaurant will open in the Bahamas.
Spiliadis himself is a renowned personality and is considered a major figure in the cultural scene in NY and Montreal. He was born in Patras, a port city near the ancient Greek village Olympia, in the Peleponnese. He moved to New York in 1969 in order to study Sociology, from there continued to study in Canada, where he later became an activist and co-founded the first non-profit radio station in Montreal, named Centreville.
In 1979, he opened Filoxenia, a lively boite a chansons, in Montreal, dedicated to the music and poetry of Greece. Spiliadis then opened Estatorio Milos in the space upstairs. The restaurant soon established itself as one of the city’s most influential dining destinations, and the rest – as they say – is history.
- Milos Special, paper thin zucchini, eggplant and saganaki cheese
- lightly fried, served with tzatziki
- Fish baked in a sea salt crust
- Grilled Mediterranean sea bass
- Goat's milk yogurt with thyme honey from kythera
One more thing Spiliadis is not only an ambassador of Greek culture all around the world, he is also considered to be one of the leading restaurateurs in New York who collaborates with institutes such as the Metropolitan Museum, the Canadian Embassy etc.
Contact Leof. Vasilissis Sofias 46, Αθήνα 115 28, Greece
+30 21 0724 4400
"If one world record is going to be set in Athens this summer, it'll be for best Greek restaurant ever. Come down from the mountain, Zeus, dinner is served"
Chef Q&A Chef’s questionnaire
- My restaurant's secret is:
- God is in the details.
- My 3 most favorite ingredients:
- Olive oil, fleur de sel (sea salt), fish.
- The most exciting moment in my career:
- opening my first restaurant in Montreal.
- The best cooking advice I have ever received:
- never compromise.
- The person that I was most excited to cook for:
- my mother.
- My guilty food pleasure is:
- sea urchin.
- My ideal last meal would be:
- a Greek salad.
- The next 'big thing' in the culinary world is:
- taste through simplicity.
- The best restaurant in the world in my opinion:
- Manolis Tavern on the Greek island of kyther.
- In Tel Aviv I’m looking forward to:
- discover an exciting crossroads of culinary and tradition.
Founded December 2011
Chef Victor Gloger
Kitchen Fish and seafood imports from all over the world
For the last 16 years Chloleys is considered to be one of the leading restaurants in Israel and is regularly ranked by the different guides as one of the best in the country. Chef Victor Gloger, who has over 30 years of culinary experience and creativity, carefully leads a cuisine that combines French classical elements and rare Mediterranean products that are dealt with intelligently – the result is simply marvelous.
In the front of the kitchen there is an aquarium with lobsters and a showcase with the freshest fish. The kitchen itself is stocked with rare products from all around the world like langosteen from New Zealand.
The creative dishes are accompanied with a wine menu that is considered to be one of the best in the country, and therefore has won its seventh consecutive award of excellence by Wine Spectator Magazine. Chloelys is the only restaurant in Israel that can boast to such an accomplishment.
Last summer Chloelys opened a Kosher restaurant in the Exclusive Hilton Hotel on the seashore of Tel Aviv.
- A Ballotine of Sea Bass with Duxelles, Rice and Cream Sauce
- Tuna Tartar on Cold Persimmon Soup Spiced with Ginger and Lime
- Sea fish carpaccio with seared eggplant, black eggplant cream, tomato seeds, Rashid and smoked olive oil
One more thing Chloelys is the only gourmet restaurant in Israel that serves opening dishes of pickles and Syrian olives.
Contact 16 Aba Hillel St. Ramat Gan
"Chloelys is one of the most beautiful restaurants in the country, its’ dishes are easily compared to the best in the world... and together they create a delightful experience"
Chef Q&A Chef Questionnaire for Victor Gloger
- Restaurant Secret:
- My Three Favorite Ingredients:
- Butter, olive oil and cheese.
- The Dish I Love Cooking:
- Fish Tagine.
- Most Exciting Moment in my Career:
- For the 50th Independence Day of Israel Shalom Kadosh, Avi Shtainitz, Yoram Nitzan and I cooked alongside with Joel Robuchon, Phillip Brown and Rick Boushmer. At the end of the meal Robuchon gave me a picture signed by him which read “Without you this meal could not have happened”.
- Best Cooking Advice I have Received:
- My first teacher at the school of Hotel Management, Patrick Beal taught me that accuracy leads to perfection.
- Person I was most excited to cook for:
- The great Emmanuel Acha Martinez.
- My Guilty Pleasure:
- Stinky cheese.
- My Last Meal will be:
- Pizza with a big chunk of blue cheese.
- Next ‘Big Thing’ in the Culinary World:
- A decline in molecular cuisine. Back to basics with bold flavors and colors.
- Best Restaurant:
- L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon